Sunday, December 11, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Look who made himself comfortable already, darn Peter!
Hunter wanted to check out the big bed too!
Caitlin was so excited for her brand new Big Girl Bed. Although she had never tried climbing out of her crib, we figured it was time for a big bed. She's sleeping on a cot at the babysitter's so I'm hoping the transition is easy. I can't believe she's not in a crib anymore, but I'm excited for cuddling at bedtime reading books.

1st nap- not a success!!!
I took Caitlin into her room for nap time. We were reading books trying to get calmed down. I stayed in with her for about 25 minutes and decided I should leave so she could try to get to sleep. A little later, she was knocking on the door so I went in and told her to lay down. I figured after an hour and a half that she was probably not going to take a nap. I headed to her room when I heard her pounding on the door. I opened it and she was standing there with only her t-shirt on. She told me she had to go poopy so we went to the bathroom, no success. So I asked her if she already went..... and she definitely had. She had pooped in her diaper, taken it off and somehow got poop on her brand new pillow sham and the white flannel sheets from scooching off the bed. I'd say it's going to take a little time to transition. So mommy re-made the bed for the 2nd time today.
Bedtime went better, but we haven't made it through the night yet......

1 comment:

  1. Brave girl! I don't plan on moving Drake anytime soon. :-)

    I LOVE the hot pink and green - SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete